Logo

History of Haines Memorials

Haines Memorials was started in 1925 by M. L. Haines.  M. L. Haines would sell the markers to customers and have the marker shipped to him all completed from his suppliers and then deliver them to the cemetery.  In 1939 M. L.'s son Robert went to Vermont and worked as a tradesman to learn the complete sandblasting process.  In 1940 the original shop in Dorset, Ohio was constructed and opened for business. 

In 1991, Robert's daughter Lauri joined the family business. 

In 1994, the business was moved to Jefferson, Ohio and Lauri and her husband Scott took over the family business.  Scott and Lauri have two children, Benjamin and Matthew, who will hopefully become the fourth generation of Haines Memorials.